First time trying yoga? Check out New to Yoga
I am new to your studio. Where do I start?
We are really glad you asked! We have classes to suit all levels of students, from very beginner to advanced yogi. Finding the right yoga class to suit the needs of your mind and body – yoga your way – is so very important. We recommend that new students, particularly beginners, contact us by phone or email so that we may personally guide you to the right class. For detailed class descriptions, CLICK HERE.
How do I prepare for a class?
- Bexley Yoga is not responsible for any lost or stolen items; please leave valuable items at home.
- Please turn off or silence all cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices. If possible, take the big leap and leave them at home!
- It is your responsibility to inform the instructor prior the start of class if you are pregnant or have an injury.
- All students must sign in at the front desk prior to starting class.
- Please remove your shoes upon entering the studio.
- Please use a soft voice when you arrive; there may be another class in session.
- If you do not have a yoga mat, no worries! We have mats available, free of charge, for your use.
- Be on time. Studio doors open 15 minutes before class. Please arrive at least 5 minutes prior to the start of class so that it can start on schedule. Feel free to arrive 10-15 prior to class to lay down your mat and prepare for your practice.
am not flexible. Can I still do yoga?
Absolutely! It is a common myth that yoga is for flexible people only. In fact, if you have tight muscles, yoga is just right for you. Practiced regularly, yoga can help loosen you up and gain valuable flexibility while reaping numerous other health benefits.
What should I wear? And what should I bring to class?
Special yoga clothing not necessary! Wear clothing that is comfortable, flexible, and easy to move in.
Many students come to yoga with their own mat but this is not necessary at Bexley Yoga. We have yoga mats, free of charge, for your use. We also have many yoga props to aid your practice, towels, water and tea, all complimentary.
Do I need to register for a class ahead of time or can I just drop in?
We welcome drop-ins; however, class may fill up and is on a first-come, first-serve basis for those who have not pre-registered. You may pre-register online by going to www.bexleyyoga.com.
For first time students, even if you have signed up online, we strongly recommend that you arrive 10-15 minutes early so that we can make sure that all your paperwork is completed prior to the start of class.
Where do I park?
There is ample, free street parking on South Drexel Avenue, Main Street and side streets near the studio. There is limited, free parking behind our building. There is also a larger, free public parking lot at Bexley Square at Main Street and College Avenue, 1 block west our studio.
For answers to additional questions, please email us at email@example.com.
The Fine Print
- Each new student to our studio is required to complete and sign a waiver. All students purchasing class passes or unlimited yoga plans are also required to complete and sign a contract.
- We accept cash, check, debit card, Visa, Mastercard and American Express at the studio. Purchases can also be made on-line via our website.
- Class passes and unlimited packages can only be used for group classes posted in our regular class schedule. Workshops, series and special events must be paid separately, unless otherwise noted.
- A $25 fee will be charged for all returned checks.